adoption story - Stacy

Stacy is one of the many wonderful single mamas I've worked with over the years. She is also a huge encouragement to other moms wanting to adopt as a single person.   

I first spoke with Stacy three years ago, when she was contemplating adoption, along with the support of her family and friends.  Stacy bravely dove into the process, and her first child was born just a few months after becoming home study ready.

Here's a glimpse about her path to motherhood!









“Stacy, why don’t you go ahead and adopt now.”  

This was the fourth time in a MONTH I’d heard similar words. But, I was struggling with the idea of being a single mom. Motherhood is hard enough. And as a single, I was happy with my freedom to go workout, hang with friends, and travel internationally whenever I wanted outside my “teacher life.” So, once again, I buried the thought of adopting as a single woman. 

It took two more years and a bit more prompting before I realized not only did I really want to pursue adoption, but God was leading me in that direction. So, in January of 2017, I slowly started the home study process. By May, I was home study approved and ready to start presenting. I really can’t remember how many times I allowed my profile to be presented....  It was tough. I knew some people wait years to be matched and I had this underlying feeling that as a single woman I would never get chosen. 

Then, on Friday, September 1, 2017, I got a phone call. I was matched!!! I was stunned. Even more shocking was that the baby boy was due in just three weeks! I had to wait a full week to get the ultrasound pictures. I distinctly remember holding the phone up to eye level, looking at the ultrasound pictures, and saying, “He’s so cute!” I felt like such a dork, but I was already so in love. 

Three weeks later, I was holding this precious baby boy in my arms. Keagan changed my life. 



He brought so much joy and laughter and eventually..... he brought a baby sister! When Keagan was 13 months, I received word that his birth mom was pregnant again and asked if I wanted to adopt the coming baby as well. I said, YES! 

Keagan was such a gift from God. My sweet, fiery, little guy was the gift I went looking for. The name Shiloh means “the one who was sent.” Shiloh is most definitely the gift that I didn’t know I wanted or needed, but that God graciously sent us to complete our family of three. 



God taught me a deeper level of trust in his timing and wisdom. As cliche as it is to say, we really are a perfect match!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adoption story - erin + clayton

adoption story: meredith and chase