Welcome!

Thank you for stopping by my new blog!  I should probably start by sharing a bit about myself and our family.


I’m married to Justin, a wonderful, godly man.  We’ve been married for over 14 years (yes, we married as children ourselves, right out of college!), and are the proud parents to three amazing children, all through domestic adoptions.  If you’d told us on our wedding day, that we’d not be able to have children the “old fashioned way,” we’d likely have been shocked.  We had always discussed adopting internationally at some point, but never dreamed the path the Lord had in mind for us.  And what a blessing it would be.
After many years of trying to build our family on our own, with lots of heartbreak and no success, we began to investigate our options through adoption. We were initially told we were “too young” to adopt from many international programs available at the time, which was also the time many international programs were closing due to ethical concerns. So, we started investigating our options domestically.
It was very discouraging to learn about the long wait lists available domestically — two years?! I wanted a baby in my arms that very moment (patience was not my strong suit at that point in life)!  A friend from church mentioned mutual friends Amy and Malcolm Young, who were adoption consultants.  They were also adoptive parents, and had adopted in a matter of months.  They’d even started their own company,Christian Adoption Consultants, in an effort to help more couples build their families in months versus years.
I’m now to proud to work alongside Amy and Malcolm as an adoption consultant.
This photo says it all — Justin and I went from childless, to “child full” in a matter of years:

I’ll be posting soon about why choosing an adoption coach is a smart way to start your adoption process, and how to get started with a domestic adoption.  
 I’d love to hear from you either here or at gretchen@christianadoptionconsultants.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

adoption story - Stacy

adoption story - erin + clayton

adoption story: meredith and chase